So, the internet is abuzz, rampant, on fire.. with speculation as to what could or couldn’t happen at the Steve Note next week. So, not to be outdone, and definitely to help throw in some dry wood into the fire.. here’s my take on things.
- MobileMe.com: Apple owns this domain. Why do I know this? Because I tried to register it myself 3 years ago, I started a company and we were doing ‘mobile stuff’ with it. When I did a whois on the domain, it was owned by Apple.com. Now that they’ve moved the hosting over to mark monitor etc, I doubt they gave up the ownership of it. This was also my first indicator that an iphone was coming, and that I was entering the right market
- .Mac Changes: Granted, these changes are way over due, but instead of an overhaul, I’ll jut be happy if things worked as advertised 8 years ago, get the basic syncing to work, then we’ll worry about other fancy features ok Steve?.
- iPhone 2.0: We all know the software update is due anyday now, my bet would be June 29th. Hardware upgrade would be nice as well, along with the standard request for 3G. Some other things I’d like to see:
- Copy and Paste
- Ability to ‘beam’ my contact information to another user, or recieve such information from another mobile phone. Seriously, paper business cards.. in 2008? Go green Apple, save the paper, oh and not everyone has a business card, I’d like to be able to give people my personal info, or business info with just a tap. My name is hard enough to pronounce, imagine teaching people how to spell it for my email address.
PS: I think the first Palm Pilot did this advanced trick…
- Better support for car stereos etc. My Alpine still complains about the iphone everytime I plug it in, it works, but it’s annoying. I can’t do a firmware update on my car stereo as I can, the iphone.. so .. mobile me car matey! arrrrrr!
Thanks for playing.