Steve Jobs is no longer amongst us.
To say “he will be missed”, is to dishonor him, and his legacy. His fingerprints are all over society, he is one man who will not be missed. He will be celebrated, and emulated for years to come. He can not be missed. He made sure of that.
Steve was the ultimate Entrepreneur, he showed us all it could be done, and he showed how it could be done without giving up your core beliefs. He was eccentric, he was wrong, he was right, he was Steve. He was humble, he was arrogant.. he was the best at what he did. There’s not a single entrepreneur today that doesn’t wish he could be 1/10th the visionary Steve was, or 1/10th the salesman, or 1/10th the CEO, or 1/10th the Artist..
Steve is single handedly responsible for my views and vision for ZippyKid. Things I learnt from him.
- Build a product I would use myself.
- The end user always comes first. The business is second. Power users are last.
- Never disparage your competitors in public. Let your product do the talking.
- There’s enough to go around for all of us, my success does not depend on someone else’s failure.
- Don’t be too proud, you will mess up, don’t spend too much time defending your position when you realize it.
- Don’t listen to others who didn’t have the balls to imagine a different way of doing things.
- Don’t listen to people who tell you it won’t work, without ever trying it.
Thank you for sharing your vision with us Steve. I hope to be one of millions who continues to carry it forward. Thank you for inspiring me, I will continue to strive to emulate you.
Thank you for your inspiration.