You will be responsible for a lot of things, the biggest of which is the infrastructure and it’s up keep. Core competency and background in a RedHat/CentOS clustered environment is a must.
We’re looking for someone who will help build one of the finest data center/ops teams in the world. This means the ability to identify and hire top notch team members, the ability to identify gaps in the architecture and help us work towards closing those gaps.
At ZippyKid, we do not ask anyone to do something we aren’t capable, or comfortable doing ourselves, this person must meet the same personality criteria. The individual should be able to traverse around in the environment he architected.
By the end of 2012, this person will have full control of:
- Redundant infrastructure that hosts some of the most popular sites on the internet
- Identify and hire one more individual to augment the team.
- The operational schedule of the ZippyKid DC/Ops team
Day to day responsibilities for the next quarter will include:
- Daily upkeep/maintenance and monitoring of existing system
- Architecting new solution for faster growth and deployment
- Working with Engineering to build test beds for new architecture and deployment
- Responding to monitor alerts and troubleshooting problems
- Start the process of identifying new team member
High Level Goals (2013 and beyond)
We want to help you build a scalable system that people will learn from and contribute to. We’ll pay for you to go to OSCON, MySQL Connect, ChefCon, GlueCon, and obviously WordCamps. The goal is for you to be able to speak at these conferences and share some of your experiences with the world. You will be the starting point for a team of DevOps engineers at ZippyKid, so in 2013, we hope you’ll be the team lead of however many people you need to get the job done.
Think you’re up for the challenge?